Friday, November 20, 2020

Potential Jobs with a MOS Certification




 Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. Since we have our MOS Excel Certification tomorrow, I thought this would be a fitting post. While taking a smoke break at work, I thought about what kind of jobs do the MOS certifications qualify me for? Every Certification I posses and currently are on track to receive offers a large payday. This got me asking myself, how will the MOS Certifications attribute to my resume and overall attractiveness to potential employers. In my field of Networking, as an Administrator it's helpful to know these Applications but not necessary, but these certifications can make me stand out from the rest of my peers in a competitive environment. 

The images above are from a Google search for jobs that require a MOS Certification, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook. I though it would be beneficial to show the class what types of positions exist, and what they are qualified for currently, and they don't even require you to have your degree yet. I selected a few random positions in various states (it was difficult to find ones here in Las Vegas with a short search). I know a few companies that will hire college students with certifications and the pay can start out from $16 to $18 per hour. The world of Information Technology is expanding rapidly and they always need more qualified personnel to work and maintain the infrastructure. Good luck everyone on your MOS Excel certification exam tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright! Thank you for the quick search MattR :-) What an excellent blog post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the research. I am glad that these MOS certifications will allow us to stand-out as the better qualified candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information. I am definitely glad to have extra things to add to my resume that will help me stand out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate you taking out the time to make us aware of how MOS certifications can increase our salary. The option to obtain these certs in IS101 is a blessing, and congratulations on passing MOS 200.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really neat. Thank you for taking the time to do this research for us. It's definitely something we should all be putting on our resumes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thank you for giving examples of the jobs we can obtain. Its good to know the importance of these certifications.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the information, its good to know the doors these certifications for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the examples, I'm definitely keeping this in mind when I start job hunting!

    ReplyDelete