Saturday, September 26, 2020

The Art of Grilling

One of my few passions is grilling or smoking meat. I only became really interested in this about 2 years ago. It's one of my favorite things to do on the weekends or anytime there's sports on tv. Whenever I'm genuinely interested in something I spend a lot of time trying to improve my craft. Recently I've gotten a lot better at making a near perfect medium rare steak, chicken that's cooked but still juicy, and overnight marinated pork shops. Another related task I love to do in my free time is smoke meat. This requires a lot of patience but is well worth it in the end. Currently, I'm practicing on cheap cuts of beef and fish; my next step is to marinate and smoke ribs. The best part of all this is the opportunity for my friends and family to hang out and just enjoy the simple pleasures in life. I really enjoy cooking but grilling and smoking are my favorite types of cooking.


9 comments:

  1. Please share some sage advice that you learned about making a near perfect medium rare steak and chicken that's cooked but still juicy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to cook too! I usually cook steaks in the oven on a cast iron skillet because I'm not comfortable with grilling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the taste of smoked meat! One of my favorites is smoked brisket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a good cook. My husband does all the cooking and he cooks an awesome steak. I like mine medium rare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love smoked meat. My favorite is steak and I would love to get better at grilling. I also like my steaks medium rare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That food looks absolutely delicious. One of my uncles knows how to smoke a tasty pork butt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love good BBQ, pork ribs are my favorite. I also like to cook, but I mostly cook Asian food.Do you have a good pork ribs recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also enjoy grilling or BBQ, it is definitely on of my favorite pastimes spent with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome, I'm sure your friends love you! I've been cooking a lot more often too and its been so great to learn how to do the recipes I grew up on. I leave the grilling upto my dad and boyfriend for now though because I just hate being out in the sun and smoke.

    ReplyDelete